Writing is a two-step process. First, words are put together. Then, they are double-checked, revised, honed into a polished product.
Talk to any publisher and they’ll confirm that effective writing requires more than one set of eyes. Every writer no matter how skilled needs someone else to look over his/her work. Someone skilled in seeing the copy from the reader/viewer/user’s perspective, skilled in the organization of copy, in bringing out the writer’s “voice,” in usage and grammar and syntax and style.
Good editing prevents errors. Good editing polishes the copy. Good editing produces a professional product.
Hurst Media Works has performed editing tasks for a variety of clients:
- A writer, editing his nonfiction book on an insidiously poisonous plant.
- A website developer, editing copy for his clients.
- A Christian counseling ministry, editing its informational booklet.
- And a foundation committed to improving the quality of life for companion animals and their guardians, editing content for its website.
For more information on how HMW can work with your writer(s) to produce a polished, professional product, call
(814) 536-7986 or e-mail email@example.com.